Unearthing the Ins and Outs of Hosted Email
Hosted email can save your clients from the monstrous consequences of data loss and downtime. One LabTech partner was able to do just that. In the midst of a real dark and stormy night—a multi-day power outage during Hurricane Sandy—they were able to support full business operations. Because the business had a hosted email archiving solution in place, emails on the corporate server had been captured and stored offsite. Throughout the storm that had everyone homebound, end users could still access their data using a web browser, which meant keeping the lines of communication open for clients in an incredibly stressful time.
Business continuity can mean the difference between growth and a business burial for your clients. Offering a hosted email solution means incorporating vital email backup into your service offering. You’ll be offering your clients even more value, because they’ll be able to access their emails anytime, anyplace.
Reanimate Your Service Offering
Of course you’re not planning on a disaster, so why add a hosted email solution to your service offering? There’s a lot more to hosted email than the undeniable worth of disaster recovery. The value-add for your clients will be enough to help you achieve stickiness faster, putting you well on your way to becoming a trusted advisor to your clients.
Put a Stake in Success
Through your hosted solution, your clients will be able to:
- Keep corporate intellectual property safely and securely stored
- Respond to external requests, such as discovery requests during legal proceedings, since stored information is immediately accessible to all users
- Undo user errors, since archival means a deleted email can be restored instantly
- Better meet increasingly stringent compliance regulations
- Quickly access information for audits and commercial conflicts without having to worry about connectivity, power failures or user error
- Build a corporate knowledge base through the information shared via company email
With the right hosted solution in place, all users need is an Internet connection and a web browser to have unlimited access to their emails. Providing hosted email as a part of your managed services offering means keeping your clients’ emails safe and available no matter what happens, so you can promise them the business continuity that will help them reach their goals. And when your clients are successful, so are you.
Tune in next week for a closer look at how email encryption plays into a frightfully effective email security package.