Symantec Backup Exec™ 2012 Small Business Edition
For the busy business, Symantec Backup Exec Small Business Edition replaces confusion with confidence, offering complete data protection set-up in less than 10 minutes through three simple steps. In one simple yet comprehensive package proven in millions of installations worldwide, you get a total solution for data backup, system restoration and disaster recovery.
- Complete file and system level protection for up to three Windows systems including bundled application support for Windows Small Business Server environments. Intuitive wizard-based approach provides all the disaster recovery capabilities needed for a Windows or Windows Small Business Server environments, with expandable support for Mac and Linux systems.
- Integrated system recovery delivers recovery protection for both data and server systems through one console, so you can quickly recover your business critical information when disaster strikes.
- Backup Exec Small Business Edition combines backup, system recovery, and file level restoration in one award-winning product.
- In less than 10 minutes and with three simple steps, Backup Exec Small Business Edition replaces confusion with confidence: your business critical data is covered.
- A complete solution for both system recovery and data retrieval, from any individual file to a full server. In the event of disaster or delay, Backup Exec Small Business Edition means total control, quick and complete.
- Bundle Symantec’s leading technology for backup and recovery into an affordable solution that’s designed specifically for up to 3 servers/applications whether physical or virtual
back to top
Symantec Backup Exec™
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 is one integrated product that protects virtual and physical environments, simplifies both backup and disaster recovery, and offers unmatched recovery capabilities. Powered by Symantec V-Ray technology, Backup Exec 2012 restores entire servers, critical Microsoft applications, and VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments to dramatically minimize business downtime.
- New innovative and modern administration console makes it easier than ever to set up backups, manage backup policies, perform disaster recoveries, and convert backups of servers to virtual machines for instant disaster recovery.
- Rapidly recover an entire server, to the same hardware or dissimilar hardware in minutes, not hours or days.
- Convert Backups to Virtual Machines for instant recovery so that if a server fails, you can get that server back up and running in a VMware or Hyper-V environment in the time it takes you to turn on a virtual machine!
- Restore Wizard guides you through a process that is designed specifically for the type of data that you want to restore. For example, when you restore application data, you are prompted only with the options that apply to that application's data. The Restore Wizard guides you through restoring an entire server, files, and folders, volumes, and application data.
- Virtual Machine Auto Recovery for VMware provides high availability for virtual applications. Backup Exec Management Plug-in 2.0 for VMware with Symantec’s ApplicationHA 6.0 enables Backup Exec to automatically restore a failed VM to recover lost application services once Symantec ApplicationHA has exhausted the steps to remediate the failure.
- Source deduplication for Linux servers enables significant LAN/WAN bandwidth and backup storage savings while protecting Linux servers.
- Easily restore virtual machines, applications, databases, file/folders or granular objects from a single pass backup in seconds with patented V-Ray technology.
- Agentless backup of virtual machines.
- Integrated bare-metal, dissimilar hardware and physical to virtual (P2V) recovery.
- Best of breed data deduplication to optimize any backup strategy with client, media server and appliance data deduplication.
- Innovative and modern administration console makes it easier than ever to set up backups, manage backup policies, perform disaster recoveries, and convert backups to virtual machines for instant disaster recovery.
- Protects a broad range of operating systems, platforms, applications and databases in both virtual and physical environments with support for disk and tape storage devices.
back to top
Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.1
Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition protects your computers and servers with the most effective small business antivirus, anti-malware technologies available in a single, integrated solution. From the world leader in security, Symantec’s Mac and PC security software solution allows you to stay focused on growing your business knowing that your data is safe from cybercriminals.
- Symantec Insight and SONAR technologies detect new and rapidly mutating malware stopping malicious behavior, including new and previously unknown threats.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition protects against viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, bots, zero-day threats and root kits.
- Rules-based firewall engine, Browser Protection and Generic Exploit Blocking (GEB) shields systems protect from drive-by downloads and from network based attacks.
- Centrally manages servers, PCs and Macs; consolidates antivirus, antispyware, desktop firewall, and Intrusion Prevention on a single agent.
- Provides the best overall performance among similar solutions tested, based on third party tests. It separates safe files from those at risk for faster, fewer, smarter scans. And, Symantec Insight technology eliminates up to 70 percent of scan overhead for performance—so fast your users won’t know it is there.
- Tracks security reputation of over 2 billion files from millions of users world-wide. It analyzes files and applications downloaded from the Internet, and lets you know if they can be trusted, before you install and run them. It also identifies and stops new and zero-day threats before they can harm your computers.
- Deploys in just 20 minutes from start-to-finish for your entire network (on average in a less than 50 user environment). Save time with automated notifications and summary reports—no security expertise required and a single console manages all computer security to reduce management costs and complexity.
back to top
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
Powered by Insight, Endpoint Protection is the fastest, most powerful endpoint antivirus software solution you can buy for both virtual and physical systems. Endpoint Protection provides state-of-the-art defense against all types of attacks and seamlessly integrates the essential antivirus security tools you need into a single, high-performance agent with a single management console. Endpoint Protection provides leading antivirus protection without slowing you down.
- Delivers proactive threat detection. Insight and SONAR detect new and rapidly mutating malware, stopping malicious behavior, including new and previously unknown threats.
- Protects against viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, bots, zero-day threats and root kits.
- Delivers network threat protection through rules-based firewall engine, browser protection and Generic Exploit Blocking (GE) shields systems from drive-by downloads and from network based attacks.
- Consolidates antivirus, antispyware, desktop firewall, intrusion prevention, device and application control, and network access control into a single agent.
- Centralized management and process automation helps increase threat visibility and accelerates threat response.
- Correlates tens of billions of linkages between users, files, and websites to identify rapidly mutating threats that may only exist on a few systems through Symantec Insight.
- Detects new threats earlier and more accurately than signature or behavioral based solutions alone, based on Insight that identifies new and zero-day threats utilizing the collective wisdom of over 175 million systems in over 200 countries, and using real-time SONAR that examines programs as they run, identifying and stopping malicious behavior even for new and previously unknown threats.
- Performance so fast your users won’t know it is there, through Insight technology that eliminates up to 70 percent of scan overhead compared to traditional solutions. Files are separated from those at risk so scans can be faster and more targeted.
- Enhanced to help protect your virtual infrastructure and takes much of the scanning out of each virtual machine, reducing scan overhead by up to 70 percent and disk input/output by as much as 90 percent. It prevents simultaneous scans and updates in virtual environments and automatically identifies and manages virtual clients making it easy to create specific policies for virtual machines. It can also scan offline images.
back to top